A step-by-step tutorial on how to send a fax from Gmail, in 2022, a fax machine seems out of date. However, a sizable portion of people continues to use them to transmit faxes to one another.
Older businesses like government-established departments that are adamant about maintaining their traditional working practices are likely to have fax machines. The fact is, however, that sending a fax does not always require a dated fax machine. You can now send a fax from Gmail because of the power of the internet, and we’re going to tell you how to do it. So how exactly does one send a fax using Gmail? Let’s investigate!
Read More: How to Unsubscribe from Marketing Emails in Gmail
What’s the Best Way To Fax From Gmail?
Finding a trustworthy fax service to utilize with Gmail is the first thing you need to do. One is accessible through the Google Workspace Marketplace. Follow the instructions below to accomplish this:
- First, sign in to your Gmail account using your preferred web browser, then search the right sidebar for a “+” button. You can access this button from anywhere in Gmail, but I went to the tab for scheduled emails solely to hide the mountains of unread emails in my Inbox.
- The Google Workspace Marketplace will appear in a pop-up window after clicking on the “+” button. To discover a compatible fax service for Gmail, utilize the search box.
For this tutorial, we’ll utilize the ‘FAX.PLUS’ add-on because it seems to be one of the most often used for this purpose.
In order for it to function, click the Install button on the main listing page and allow the required permissions. After installation, it ought to appear in the sidebar next to the already set up add-ons.
Recommend: http://Send Faxes by Email – Fax From Anywhere With eFax®
Let’s examine how to use the add-ons in Gmail to send a fax now:
- To launch a small window on the sidebar, just click the FAX.PLUS add-on button. Here, there is a blank box where you can enter the fax number of the intended recipient. The international calling code comes first, then the fax number you’re attempting to reach, and finally a +. Click on New Fax after entering the right fax number in this field without any gaps.
- When you select New Fax, the well-known email window will open with the fax number added as an email address. If If you want to send the paper to someone by conventional email, you can also add other email addresses to the CC and BCC fields below.
- Any documents you want to send your recipient as fax should be provided as an attachment; otherwise, the message body of the email will serve as your cover sheet.
- When everything is included, just click “send” as you would for a regular email, and it will be sent as fax instead. Thanks for your time reading step-by-step tutorial on how to send a fax from Gmail
One thought on “A step-by-step tutorial on how to send a fax from Gmail.”
[…] Read More: A step-by-step tutorial on how to send a fax from Gmail. […]