Liver cancer is any malignant growth or tumor caused by abnormal and uncontrolled cell division; it may spread to other parts of the body through the lymphatic system or the bloodstream.
A liver is a large organ located in the upper right portion of the abdominal cavity. It secretes bile and functions in the metabolism of protein and carbohydrates and fat.
Liver cancer is the malignant neoplastic disease of the liver usually occurring as a metastasis from another cancer.
SYMPTOMS OF LIVER CANCER.
- Loss of appetite: Remember that liver helps in the metabolism (digestion) of some classes of food. Once the liver gets cancer, the food in the abdomen stops undergoing metabolism, which makes the stomach still filled with food, thereby preventing the patient from feeling hunger.
Also Read: 6 Mistakes Beginner Online Business Owners Make.
- Weakness: I bet that y’all can relate that when you eat much food, and the food isn’t yet digested, you aren’t as strong as you normally would be. The same thing goes for a liver patient, all his/her strength goes into trying to get the metabolism going, but fails, thereby resulting in weakness.
- Bloating: Bloating means swelling up. Since the undigested food remains in the stomach, the stomach tends to bloat, as the food has no way of getting out of the body without being digested.
Recommended: How to Call An Existing group Or Join A Live Group Call With Duos
- Jaundice: Jaundice is a morbid condition, characterized by yellowness of the eyes, skin, and urine, whiteness of the feces, constipation, queasiness, loss of appetite, and general languor and lassitude. The discoloration is caused by the accumulation of bilirubin in the body; bilirubin is normally excreted in the bile to give feces their normal yellow-brown coloration.
- Upper abdominal discomfort: Remember that from our definition, a liver is located at the upper right part of the abdomen. When you get a bruise, the affected area hurts, right? Same thing here, the upper abdominal causes discomfort, as it isn’t in its normal state.
HEALTHY WAYS TO PREVENT CANCER OF THE LIVER.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid alcohol intake.
- Use of Hepatitis B vaccine.
- Most importantly, study, know, and understand your body language, and be sure to notice any changes like skin color change, development of a lump, etc.