Things You Need to Know about Ulcer, Ulcer is one of the most populous ailments that people suffer in the world today. The number of people diagnosed with it is so alarming. People develop it as a result of various reasons.
Here are a few things you need to know about ulcers.
- An ulcer is a sore that develops in the lining of the esophagus,stomachorsmallIntestine.
- This particular Disease has up to 100,000 cases in Nigeria.
- An ulcer occurs when stomach acids damage the lining of the digestive tract.
- Stomach Ulcer is usually caused by Helicobacter pylori (H.Pylori) Bacteriaor Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs which can break down stomach defense against the acid it produces to digest food, allowing the stomach lining to be damaged and ulcers to formed.
- The symptoms of ulcers include burning upper abdominal pain. Particularly, between meals, early in the morning, or after taking the orange juice, alcohol. DiscomfortisusuallyrelievedaftertakingAntacids.
Other common signs and symptoms of ulcers include:
- Dull pain in the stomach,
- Weight loss
- Not wanting to eat because of the pain.
- Nausea or vomiting
- Heartburn, which is a burning sensation in the chest)
- Oainthatmayincreasewhenyoueat, drink, or take antacids.
- Anemia, whose symptoms can include tiredness, shortness of breath.
- Treating stomach ulcers
- Treatment will vary depending on the cause of your ulcer.
Most ulcers can be treated with a prescription from your doctor, but in rare cases, surgery may be required.
- It is important to promptly treat an ulcer.
Talk to your doctor to discuss a treatment plan.
If you have an actively bleeding ulcer, you’ll likely be hospitalized for intensive treatment with endoscopy and I Vulcermedications.
You may also require a blood transfusion.
Inveryrarecases, of complicated stomach ulcers, will require surgery.
This may be the case for ulcers that:
- Continue to return,
- Tear Through The Stomach,
- Keep food from flowing out of the stomach into the small intestine
- In general, it’s a good idea to eat a diet with lots of fruits, vegetables, and fiber. That said, it’s possible that some foods play a role in eliminating H.pylori. Foods that may help fight off. pylori or boost the body’s own healthy bacteria include Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and radishes.
Leafy Greens, such as spinach and kale.
Probiotic-rich foods, such as sauerkraut, miso, kombucha, yogurt (especially with lactobacillus Saccharomyces)
Recommended: Things You May Not Know About The Sperm.
blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries
Additionally, since people with stomach ulcers may have a companying acid reflux disease, it is a good idea to stay away from spicy and our foods while an ulcer is healing.