How to Undo a Sent Email, It’s no news that Gmail is one of the most popular email services in the world, with over 1.5 billion subscribers. There may have been moments when you wished you hadn’t sent an email.
You may have sent it to the incorrect email address, and the papers may include personal information. It’s also possible that you sent the email to the wrong person. Many times, you may have emailed incorrect papers to your supervisors or coworkers and wish you could go back in time and correct the error.
Gmail has a function that allows you to recall a sent email, which addresses all of these concerns. Gmail’s undo button is one of its most helpful and little-known features. This feature allows you to undo a sent email within 30 seconds if you wish to go back and review it or if you accidentally sent an incomplete email, or sent it to the wrong address.
To delete an email from your computer’s Gmail account, follow these steps:
- After you’ve sent an email, a Message Sent popup will appear in the lower-left corner of your screen.
- To cancel the message, click Undo.
- The amount of time you have to delete a message is limited, but you can extend it. In Gmail, select the Settings icon, then See all settings.
- You’ll notice an option to modify the font size.
- Under Undo send, you’ll see an option to adjust the Send cancellation period.
- Select a period of time from the dropdown menu.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
To delete an email sent via the Gmail app on a mobile device, follow these steps:
- You’ll see the message Sent popup and the Undo button right after you send a message.
- To undo, click on the undo button.