One thing the World can’t do without, (Technology), As we engage in day-to-day activities, most times, we tend to use easier means or short methods to perform a task, or to achieve a feat, that’s technology, in the simplest form.
Looking at the genesis of technology, the word was coined from Greek “techne” which means art or craft, and “logos,” which combatively means the science of craft, or the process of using a skill or craft scientifically channeled to acquire a certain result. It is also the application of scientific knowledge to the practical aims of human life.
Read More: How to Make Money on Social Media
Most of us do think that technology is only all about some kind of machine being mechanically constructed and electrically operated. No, not at all. Technology doesn’t involve just that. Over 2 million years ago, the earliest form of technology was the usage of “stone tools”. The carving of rock stones into different shapes was used as a tool to help make things easier.
One thing the World Can’t do Without. (Technology)
In 1937, the American sociologist Read Bain wrote that “technology includes all tools, machines, utensils, weapons, instruments, housing, clothing, communicating and transporting devices and the skills by which we produce and use them.”Now, take note of the last part which says “…..and the skills by which we produce and use them”. That process of production and usage is the “Science” while the skills are what’s needed to help fill that aim of production. Now, you can see all these still add up to one thing which is— Technology; the science of craft.
Recommended: To Terminate Your Netflix Sub
Another aspect of technology that has been useful is the discovery of different life hacks. What is a life hack? A life hack is a strategy, technique, trick, or shortcut that can help make life easier – by speeding up efficiency, enhancing productivity, and sometimes minimizing a source of annoyance with a quick trick.
Lifehack is one of the various applications of technology. Here are some hacks you’d love to know:
- When someone’s incessant morning alarm is going off but the owner is refusing to get up and turn it off? Call the phone to turn it off for them.
- To clean a microwave; put a bowl of water inside and microwave for 3 minutes. The steam will moisten everything up making cleaning simple!
- Want a quick way to turn part of a YouTube video into a GIF? Add “GIF” after “www.” and before “youtube” in the URL of the video.
- Toothpaste removes stains. Add a little paste to the stained part, let it dry then wash away.
- When you copy something from the internet, use Ctrl + shift + v to paste it. This will prevent the text from formatting.
- If your phone freezes, plug it into a charger. This will free it up again.
- Put a bar of unopened soap where you keep your clothes. It will make them smell fresh and nice.
- When there’s little water available, rinse your mouth for 30 secs before swallowing since most of your “thirst” comes from a dry mouth.
If I continue to go on and on, I won’t stop because there are a lot of life hacks there that are useful in our day-to-day activities. Life hacks are also means of applying certain methods to practically make tasks easier to perform. That’s why it’s one of the major applications of the technology which we define as the Science of craft.
If there was no technology, life would have been a real mess. That’s why it remains one thing the world can’t do without.